Google AdWords

I started my Google AdWords, using the simple set up. However I quickly realized I had to use the more advanced option with customized settings. Since our family business Cottage Linens has a niche market of renting Bed Linens and Bath Towels to vacationers there was not a category available. I chose to have our website ad appear when people searched for Southern Maine Beach rentals, since this is our service location.  There was a peak of interest on Friday night and Sunday night.


Google came up with several SEO words to pair with my AdWord search, and I was able to "pause" certain phrases that didn't apply. I chose to pause some searches that didn't directly apply to our service, such as apartment beach rentals. I am searching for people that look for beach rentals in any capacity, house, condo, apartment, etc. and not necessarily for someone looking to live on the beach.



My target locations were on the east coast from Maine to Maryland, Quebec and Nova Scotia, Canada. As you can see Beach Condo rental had 19 searches, while other word combinations have a lot less. I am very happy Google put together these word combinations, that I never would have thought of. I know people refer to various items differently around the country and the world, carbonated soft drinks for example are referred to as soda, pop, Coke or Pepsi.
I am very happy with the results and have gotten more hits today. I have chosen to expand my target location to the entire United States and Canada and rerun my AdWord campaign for seven days, to see how it compares through the various days of the week.


Extra credit Excel spreadsheet - green circled area has the highest impressions.








Comments

Popular Posts