Assignment 4 Crawling Facebook

I started the Facebook Crawling assignment, by generating an access token for my company. I chose to do our client Cottage Linens.

From there I got an access ID 
Once I had my access token and my access ID I was able to generate a page providing me with Facebook page data.

After receiving the Facebook data page, I copied the whole page and pasted the information into JSON to CSV.

Once I was able to convert my JSON information to CSV, I downloaded and saved the file.
I was able to see the number of likes for posts made by Cottage Linens. I also went ahead and sorted the file by comments.
When I entered that into JSON to CSV the data came up in red. I wasn't sure why it was in red lettering so I dug deeper. The comment was from Cottage Linens and not a follower.
I then gathered the information for "shared posts", these shared posts were primarily about events and "best places to..." One of these was an article about free museums.

https://www.boston.com/culture/arts/2017/06/19/starting-this-friday-here-are-all-of-the-museums-you-can-visit-for-free-this-summer


The most exciting of the shares was the Cottage Linens landing page, it was shared twice! This is great information, people were engaged enough to share the Landing Page with others.



Looking at the data of likes and shares, I have some work to do on the Cottage Linens Facebook page. I am going to start with more Instagram posts that link to Facebook. Also sharing more events taking place in Southern Maine and around the state would gain more interest and keep Cottage Linens relevant and trust-worthy.
Looking at the information that Emma gathered on the Fluries a competitor of Cottage Linens, their most popular post was a news piece about "the passing of a torch". This goes to show goodwill and puts a face to the company. This news piece humanized the company and made the owners not only relatable but trustworthy. 
Knowing how to crawl Facebook is a wonderful tool, as soon as Cottage Linens or any company starts gaining social media traction they can check their progress. If I knew certain people liked, commented or shared a post, I would post something similar yet more refined for them. If I knew that Mary Smith in Massachusetts liked a post about leaf peeping I could cross-reference with our client list and confirm if Mary is or isn't a client of Cottage Linens and if she has rented linens from us. If she has, I could post an article or a blog etc about the best leaf peeping times or spots, followed by a Cottage Linens Landing page post. If she isn't a client of Cottage Linens perhaps I would send, an article, or blog about why Maine is better in the Fall, a link to Maine's fall festivals and carnivals, followed by a posting of Cottage Linens Landing page. 

Here is a chart showing the total likes of posts versus the number of posts. Looking at these numbers I have some content to work on. Using the information that I gathered during this assignment, I can cater my posts to those that people are interested in. By posting more interesting articles and pictures, I can gain more of a social media footprint and larger social media following.





Comments

Popular Posts